Full fibre broadband connections offer the fastest and most reliable speeds available, and the Government is committed to a vision of a full fibre Britain. As part of this commitment in March 2018 they announced the £67m Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme.
Greystone works with specialist partners to be able to offer gigabit vouchers for businesses across the UK – giving you up to £2,500 off of the cost of your business leased line.
What is a Gigabit Connection?
The UK now has 95% coverage for superfast broadband with speeds of 24 megabits per second or higher. However, most superfast connections still depend on copper telephone wires, which are limited in the speeds they can support. For the fastest and most reliable broadband, capable of delivering gigabit speeds, a full fibre ethernet connection is required.
Gigabit or 1,000Mb is a big leap forward in connection speeds that could benefit your business and the economy into the future. Full fibre ethernet also supports symmetrical connections – meaning your upload and download speeds can be the same.
- The scheme is available for small to medium-sized businesses.
- An SME is defined as one that employs fewer than 250 people and has an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million. This includes sole traders.
- You must not have received more than the permitted amount of de minimis aid in the last 3 years
- Must not have an existing connection already capable of 1Gbps.
- To view full terms and conditions please click here.